Jeremy Lin on His NBA Hopes, Linsanity, and a Season in China
Jeremy Lin rocketed to basketball stardom with the Knicks, and Linsanity ensued. But in 2019 when his Toronto Raptors won it all, free agent Lin couldnt land a contract in the league. He spent the last season in China with the Beijing Ducks, where he says he gained fresh perspective on the game, from technical skill to his mentality. Lin now hopes to return to the NBA, and hes entered free agency for the 2020-21 season. He joins the show to reflect on the ups and downs of his career, and why he feels more ready than ever for the NBA.
THE GIANNIS DRAFT Ep. 1: Who is Giannis?
He was a Greek teen of Nigerian descent, hocking trinkets on the streets of Athens. And when he started playing basketball, few people knew what to make of Giannis Antetokounmpo. The only thing the scouts could see was that he was all arms and legs. The only thing Giannis could envision was an opportunity for his family.
Most Recent Podcasts
Remembering Diego Maradona
The FC crew are joined by Ricardo Ortiz to discuss the legacy he leaves on Argentina. Plus, Jürgen Klinsmann reflects on playing against the icon in Italy and his impact on the city of Naples. Finally, a look back on how the rest of the world will remember his most memorable moments.
Hour 4: Mike Aresco, AAC Commissioner, talks American Football
AAC Commissioner, Mike Aresco, joins the show to talk about how well Cincinnati is doing but disappointed by the postponement of their game against Temple. He hopes that this will be the year one of his teams gets the chance at the playoff.
Hour 2; Power Struggle in Tampa?
Max talks about the disadvantage the Steelers are experiencing with another game rescheduled. Warren Sharp says the Rams can win the Super Bowl. Max all over Doug Pederson's press conference answer on benching Carson Wentz. Max tells you why he's ordering Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr.
Bad*** Rece Davises
Pollack and Negandhi kick off the podcast discussing the first batch of College Football Playoff rankings, Notre Dame heading to North Carolina down two offensive linemen, Northwestern surprisingly smashing Wisconsin, Davids Dude of the Week, Coastal Carolinas offense, Maryland-Indiana, JT Daniels impressing in his Georgia debut and their Week 13 picks. Later, Rece Davis hops on to talk about being in the spotlight with Northwesterns success, BYU landing at No. 14, a nightmare playoff scenario for Cincinnati, the deck being stacked against the Pac-12 and the start of the college basketball season (48:39).
- Our search for Conrad Mainwaring began with a single tip, from a California man named Andrew Zenoff. Andrew reached out to reporter Mike Kessler and told the story of his older brother, Victor. The siblings had attended a summer camp in the late 70s, where Victor was allegedly molested by Mainwaring. By 1980, just short of his 18th birthday, Victor would die unexpectedly just days after telling his mother what Conrad did to him. For years, the Zenoffs grappled not only with the loss, but with so many unanswered questions. Beginning in 2017, after Andrew called Kessler, we began to look for answers. And we started with a question that seemed simple enough, but proved quite elusive: Who was Conrad Mainwaring?
- In the middle of the Cold War, Romanian gymnastics coaches Bela and Martha Karolyi turn Nadia Comaneci, a 14-year-old gymnast from a Communist country, into a global symbol of excellence at the 1976 Olympics when she scores the first perfect 10. But Romania becomes too small and too controlled for Belas ambitions, and the Karolyis set their sights on the freedom of the United States. If you or someone you know has been subjected to sexual assault or abuse, and you would like more information or support, these hotlines can help: RAINN's 24/7 confidential national sexual assault hotline: 1-800-656-4673, or ChildHelp: 1-800-4-A-Child.
- Mina and Robert Mays of The Athletic discuss the Rams win on Monday Night Football, if Taysom Hill can keep it up with the Saints, whether or not the Raiders are legitimate contenders, and look ahead to Titans-Colts. Plus, Who Caught Your Eye and Dinks and Dunks.
- SVP and Stanford Steve are joined by Pittsburgh Steelers Bud Dupree as he talks about the rivalry with the Ravens, what an undefeated season means, Big Blue Nation & more. Plus, The Thanksgiving week isnt the same without all the college basketball tournaments.
- Zach and Chris Herring of 538 discuss the winners and losers of the NBA's wild offseason.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
DC & Helwani
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
I'm Interested with Mike Greenberg
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
The Gab & Juls Show
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.