Thursday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
PREMIER LEAGUE: The Football Association has announced it has approved proposals for retrospective bans "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation'' from next season.
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho has criticised the Premier League for not moving Manchester United's final game of the domestic season to give them more preparation time for next week's Europa League final against Ajax.
- Mourinho is hopeful that the club will retain goalkeeper David De Gea, who he rates as "the top in the world."
- Manchester United will register their lowest number of wins in a Premier League season even if they beat Crystal Palace in their final game on Sunday.
LIGUE 1: Prince Albert II dubbed Monaco's Ligue 1 title "extraordinary" after the club's 2-0 win at home to Saint-Etienne clinched the principality's first Ligue 1 title since 2000 on Wednesday, while manager Leonardo Jardim said the achievement is more impressive than Paris Saint-Germain's recent string of triumphs.
- Sanchez has told Sky Sports he has been frustrated this season because Arsenal should be competing for the Premier League title.
- Shanghai SIPG striker Hulk has not ruled out the possibility of moving to England, despite having three years remaining on his contract with the Chinese Super League side.
- Braga president Antonio Salvador managed to convince teenage attacker Pedro Neto to snub interest from Barcelona and Manchester United in order to continue his development at the Portuguese club, the player's father has revealed.
- Jordan Henderson has said Luis Suarez was "a real warrior" who would battle through injuries to play for Liverpool.
LEICESTER: Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare is ready to resolve his future next week. Shakespeare has hinted talks with the club's owners are imminent, with the 53-year-old expected to be given the job long term.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo says that both he and the team are hitting form just at the right time as they head into next weekend's final La Liga game at Malaga needing just a draw to claim the title.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has said he has "no reason to leave" but wants to see what signings the club are able to make in the summer.
- Bayer Leverkusen have dismissed a report linking Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel with their managerial position.
LIGA MX: Club Tijuana coach Miguel "Piojo" Herrera and Tigres' Ricardo "Tuca" Ferretti have been heating up Thursday's 2017 Clausura semifinal, with a battle of words ahead of the first leg.
- The Chicago Fire rode roughshod over the struggling Colorado Rapids at Toyota Park on Wednesday night, as a Nemanja Nikolic brace helped them to an easy 3-0 win.