Is Antonio Brown Worth the Risk for Brady and the Bucs?
Antonio Brown is back in the NFL after agreeing to a one-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday. On the field, Brown is one of the most prolific wide receivers in NFL history, with over 11,000 receiving yards and 80 touchdowns in a career that began as a humble 6th round pick. But off the field, Brown has had ongoing issues: from social media outbursts to troubling sexual assault allegations and an arrest. After serving an eight-game suspension for violating the NFLs Personal Conduct Policy, Brown will reunite with Buccaneers QB Tom Brady, who was Browns teammate for one game in New England last season, before Brown was released by the Patriots. Mina Kimes, who profiled Brown back in 2015 for ESPN the Magazine, joins the show to discuss his tumultuous journey to this point, and to assess whether the hall-of-fame caliber wide receiver is worth the risk for an already surging Buccaneer offense. Then, Pablo weighs in on the surprising news that the Philadelphia 76ers are reportedly about to hire former Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey.
After a flood of news, Brian Windhorst, Tim MacMahon and Tim Bontemps speculate on Daryl Morey's potential plans for the 76ers and how James Harden will fit with new Rockets head coach Stephen Silas. Plus, the guys discuss the peculiar timing of the Jazz sale and what it means for the team's future.
Most Recent Podcasts
Spurs Stumble At Antwerp
The FC crew discuss Tottenham's terrible performance at Antwerp, and react to Jose Mourinho's harsh criticism after the match. Plus, a look back at everything that went wrong for Juventus as the panel wonder if Andrea Pirlo is in trouble. And Shaka reveals his always entertaining power rankings.
Rockets Get A Coach
Rachel Nichols, Kendrick Perkins and Amin Elhassan discuss the Rockets hiring first-time head coach Stephen Silas. Then an exclusive interview with Malcolm Brogdon, who says players are leaning towards an MLK Day start to the NBA season. Also Malika Andrews joins to discuss what political contributions are being made by team owners.
Hour 2: Should Jerry Jones Have a Fire Sale?
Should Jerry Jones Have a Fire Sale? Max believes Cam isn't healthy right now. Could it be the after effects from Covid? Justin Turner's selfishness has overshadowed the World Series Should Jerry Jones hit the reset button and have a Fire Sale? Zip Recruiter Job Search Machine; Daryl Morey to 76ers. Machine likes the match Last Take; Stephen A's text from an MLB Insider that changed his mind on Justin Turner
Howard Bryant talks World Series, Big Ten, and Daryl Morey
Bomani and Howard Bryant discuss the Dodgers World Series championship and their problems with Game 6, including Justin Turners postgame decision to get on the field in light of a COVID-positive test (0:32) and Rays manager Kevin Cashs decision to pull starter Blake Snell from the game early (46:43). They also get into the stunt that is Big Ten football this season (9:24), why Daryl Moreys soft landing in Philadelphia is indicative a privilege not afforded to players (35:24) and so much more.
Noteworthy NFL Week 8 Spreads + MVP Odds
Doug Kezirian breaks down the NFL card with oddsmaker John Murray, highlighting the noteworthy spreads of the undefeated Steelers as underdogs and the Chiefs as 19.5-point favorites over the Jets. Plus, they discuss why Tom Brady is a good value bet for MVP at 12-1 odds.
- Laughter Permitted kicks off Season 4 with Academy Award-winning actress Natalie Portman, who talks about her role in founding the newest NWSL team, Angel City, and why she was drawn to soccer as a way to make an impact in society. Natalie also shares why she felt compelled to put a spin on classic children's stories with her "Natalie Portman's Fables." Stay tuned to find out which role was Natalie's favorite and if we can ever expect a Natalie's Rap Part 3.
- Our search for Conrad Mainwaring began with a single tip, from a California man named Andrew Zenoff. Andrew reached out to reporter Mike Kessler and told the story of his older brother, Victor. The siblings had attended a summer camp in the late 70s, where Victor was allegedly molested by Mainwaring. By 1980, just short of his 18th birthday, Victor would die unexpectedly just days after telling his mother what Conrad did to him. For years, the Zenoffs grappled not only with the loss, but with so many unanswered questions. Beginning in 2017, after Andrew called Kessler, we began to look for answers. And we started with a question that seemed simple enough, but proved quite elusive: Who was Conrad Mainwaring?
- Karl Ravech and Buster discuss Kevin Cashs decision to pull Blake Snell, how analytical decisions are dividing baseball fans, if the championship means more to Dave Roberts or Clayton Kershaw, and Justin Turner returning to the World Series celebration after a positive COVID test (12:55). Then, Jake Odorizzi talks about what he saw in Snells stuff early on, if he thought Cash would pull Snell, if the decision will cause a rift between player and manager, and where the game is as an entertainment product (31:41). Later, Sarah Langs stops by to play The Numbers Game with notes on the Dodgers winning percentage, Mookie Betts home run and her favorite stat of the entire season (45:08).
- SVP & Stanford Steve are joined by Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury as he discusses play calling in the NFL, Kyler Murrays growth, his amazing house and more. Plus, the guys chat about the Big Ten, OSUs dominance over Michigan & condiments.
- Mark & Wes are joined by Steve Swanson to talk about the hard work the women's soccer team has put in this season.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
DC & Helwani
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
I'm Interested with Mike Greenberg
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
The Gab & Juls Show
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.