Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez has ended speculation about a move to Manchester City or Barcelona by extending his contract until 2022.
Lucas, 21, has made 20 first-team appearances for Diego Simeone's side this season and could start Tuesday's Champions League semifinal first leg at Real Madrid with specialist right-backs Juanfran Torres and Sime Vrsaljko injured.
Atletico issued a statement that said: "Lucas Hernandez has extended his contract with Atletico for two more seasons.
"Since his beginning in Atletico's lower categories, his career has been brilliant, standing out in all the stages until he made it into the first team in the 2015-16 season.
"This season, the French left-back has continued his great progression, playing 20 matches so far. He is also a regular in the squad lists of the French under-21 national team."
?￢ﾚﾪ️? @lucas5hernandez extends his contract until 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣2️⃣ ?
- Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) May 1, 2017
Atletico sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero said: "This is a source of joy, since he is a player with an enormous potential and a spectacular future.
"He has strength and speed, along with an astonishing maturity for one so young. Lucas has had to perform in very awkward moments and has always done it at a great level. This is great news for us."
The future of the defender's younger brother Theo remains uncertain amid speculation that Real Madrid plan to trigger his €24 million release clause in the summer.
Reports have also said that Barcelona are interested in bringing the left-back to the Camp Nou.