The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business. Plus, it's never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: James' change of heart
Despite months of speculation linking James Rodriguez with a move to either Atletico Madrid or Napoli, AS claims the Colombia international now looks set to commit his future to Real Madrid after playing his first match for Los Blancos in more than two years this weekend.
Rodriguez started and played 55 minutes of Real's 1-1 draw with Real Valladolid on Saturday night, and he reportedly was touched by the reception he received from a Bernabeu crowd that hadn't seen him play for 825 days, whilst also receiving praise from manager Zinedine Zidane when he was substituted.
James' reemergence in the first-team fold at Real has led to a change of heart from the former Porto man, who now looks set to withdraw his request to leave the Spanish capital and commit to at least one more season at the club.
22.10 BST: We'll close Monday's live edition of Transfer Talk with some news from Major League Soccer. Nashville SC, slated to begin play in MLS next season, has signed Brondby IF attacking midfielder Hany Mukhtar to a Designated Player contract, multiple sources have told ESPN.
20.43 BST: Dutch outlet De Stentor reports that U.S. international Andrija Novakovich is in discussion with Eredivisie outfit PEC Zwolle, with the Reading forward having enjoyed successful loan spells at Telstar and Fortuna Sittard in the past two years.
19.16 BST: As Real Sociedad have offered Nacho Monreal a two-year contract to join the Basque side, Arsenal manager Unai Emery has sought discussions with the left-back to ensure his future -- whether it lies in North London or elsewhere -- is sorted out as soon as possible, the Mirror writes.
17.59 BST: Fresh off his brace at Norwich, Tammy Abraham is the next Chelsea academy graduate to sign a new lucrative contract at Stamford Bridge, according to the Telegraph. The 21-year-old will join Mason Mount and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who've already committed their futures to the West London club, with fellow prodigies Callum Hudson-Odoi and Reece James expected to pen new deals as well.
16.42 BST: The Mirror reports that Christian Eriksen has his heart set on a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona this transfer window, which has been suggested all summer long, but the story also adds that neither Spanish club has made any concrete offers; the Catalans are unlikely to have any interest following the arrival of Frenkie de Jong, and Madrid are unlikely to meet Tottenham's £50m valuation even if they do lodge a last-minute bid. Another wrinkle is that Eriksen's representatives have refused to negotiate a contract extension in North London, after Spurs offered the Denmark international a new £200,000-a-week deal.
The arrival of Frenkie de Jong from Ajax has seemingly pushed the 31-year-old down the pecking order at the Camp Nou, and Barca apparently see him as a sizeable asset to sell, with two years left on the Croatia international's contract.
Rakitic, a key member of the club's squad since signing from Sevilla in 2014, has been left out of the starting XI in both of the side's La Liga matches so far this season.
15.00 BST: Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has said that Gareth Bale "wants to stay" at the Bernabeu, also calling the winger an "important" part of the team.
Bale looked certain to leave earlier this summer, with Zidane saying that "it would be best for everyone" at the club if the Wales international left. In turn, Bale's agent called the Madrid manager a "disgrace."
But there has been an about turn due to Bale's encouraging performances and attitude at the start of this season after injuries forced Zidane to include the 30-year-old in both of Los Blancos' La Liga openers.
"What has changed is that the player wants to stay, nothing more," Zidane told reporters. "Now, there have been a lot of things said about this situation and I have talked about it, too, but the most important thing is that the player wants to stay and we are counting on him.
"He is a really important player for us and he has demonstrated that, and right now he has to keep doing what he has done."
Inter expressed an interest in signing Sanchez on loan, though disputes over the payment structure of the deal have slowed progress.
Now there may not be any deal at all, should Martial's injury prove serious enough to sideline the forward for a lengthy period.
United would need cover for Martial and Sanchez is an obvious contender.
The Serie A club have apparently offered €20 million for the Brazil international, who joined United for €58 million last summer.
Fred failed to establish himself in his first season in the Premier League and looks no closer to being a regular under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this term.
The proposed move would see the midfielder join the Russian side on a season-long loan with an option to buy.
Mario, 26, was linked with a move to Monaco as recently as this morning.
The Portugal international joined Inter in 2016 and spent the latter half of the 2017-18 season on loan at West Ham.
Dost leaves Sporting Lisbon to return to the Bundesliga, where he previously played for Wolfsburg.
The Netherlands attacker has signed a three-year deal and told the club's official website: "I am a striker who loves to score goals."
That's encouraging for Frankfurt, with Dost regarded as a possible replacement for West Ham's Sebastien Haller.
The Colombia international, 20, signed for Watford in 2017 and has spent the last two seasons on loan at Huesca.
The 20-year-old defender came through the Ligue 1 champions' academy, joining the first team in 2018.
N'Soki predominantly plays at left-back, but can also play at centre-back and in midfield.
The two clubs are discussing a loan deal as things stand.
The centre-back, 22, signed for Sevilla from Stade Rennais last year in a £12 million deal, and will now be loaned back to his former club for one season.
Although Navas has been relegated to second choice keeper at the Bernabeu since the arrival of Thibaut Courtois last summer, Los Blancos are apparently angry with Navas' intention to leave.
Real Madrid began their La Liga campaign with a win over Celta Vigo and a draw against Real Valladolid, with Courtois starting both games in goal.
10.40 BST: Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid defender Filipe Luis has revealed that he had transfer offers from Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund this year.
The left-back, who ultimately joined Flamengo this summer, told Brazilian TV channel Globo Esporte: "Between January and March I had an offer from Manchester City, but it didn't work out.
"There was one club that couldn't afford my wages, then another that didn't want to be champions, so I thought 'no chance,'" Luis explained, referencing numerous other offers that he received.
"In the end, I closed the door on a few important clubs, like Borussia, for example.
"It was a really good offer, but my heart wasn't in it. I didn't feel that passion to say: 'I want to go to Borussia.'"
9.35 BST: Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has admitted that his squad is "unsettled", with Christian Eriksen's future still uncertain.
"The group is still unsettled and we need to find solutions," Pochettino said in a news conference, following his side's 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle.
"We have one week more to wait [until the European transfer deadline] and see what happens. Of course, I think that this is my sixth season and we have started the season as a more unsettled group that we are working with, and that is why we must relax.
"We cannot fix some situations," the Argentine added. "There is nothing to say about that situation that is going on in the squad.
"But for the club and for us, it is difficult to handle. We can only wait."
9.05 BST: In other Bundesliga news, Borussia Dortmund's Raphael Guerreiro has denied reports linking him with a move to PSG.
The Portugal international responded to claims on Twitter by saying: "False... I rarely answer, but please stop sharing false information."
Guerreiro, who usually plays in midfield but can also play at left-back, joined BVB in 2016 from FC Lorient in France.
8.45 BST: Eintracht Frankfurt manager Adi Hutter has confirmed that striker Bas Dost is set to undergo a medical at the Bundesliga club.
The arrival of Dost, who is under contract with Sporting Lisbon until 2021, would go some way to rebuilding Frankfurt's strikeforce after the departures of Sebastien Haller and Luka Jovic this summer.
But Hutter also confirmed that there have been enquiries about another Frankfurt forward: Ante Rebic.
Should Rebic leave, Frankfurt would once again be spread thin upfront...
8.30 BST: Real Madrid might well recall Martin Odegaard from loan at Real Sociedad earlier than expected.
The 20-year-old is on a season-long loan, though there is an agreement between the clubs that the Norway international will remain at Sociedad for an extra year.
But given the midfielder's terrific start, which saw him score the winner against RCD Mallorca on Sunday, Madrid will be monitoring Odegaard closely and potentially recalling him at the earliest opportunity, according to AS in Spain.
8.05 BST: AC Milan suffered a 1-0 defeat to Udinese in their Serie A opener on Sunday, but it could have been worse if it weren't for goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Milan's Chief Football Officer Zvonimir Boban has said that the club "absolutely want to keep" the Italy international despite interest from Ligue 1 champions PSG.
The keeper, who is still only 20, has been highly rated for a number of years already and is often linked with Europe's elite.
7.40 BST: Paulo Dybala's agent has said that his player will not be moving to Paris Saint-Germain this window.
Jorge Antun told Tuttosport in Italy: "No, I do not plan to go to Paris. Paulo needs to focus on Juventus."
But the Argentina international's agent did not completely rule out a future move to the French capital...
"Will something happen in the future? I do not know."
Rakitic a step closer to Juve switch?
According to reports in the Spanish publication Sport, Ivan Rakitic is edging closer to a move away from Camp Nou after he was left out of the starting lineup in Barcelona's 5-2 victory over Real Betis on Sunday night.
Reports claim the Croatian's omission was intended to send a clear message that the 31-year-old is surplus to requirements at the Catalan giants, with Barca chiefs hoping the exclusion will help push through a sale.
It is believed that talks already have taken place between Barca representatives and delegates from Juventus over a deal for the former Sevilla midfielder, although any potential move relies on the Serie A champions offloading at least one player to balance the books.
Speaking about Rakitic being left out of the lineup to face Betis, Barcelona assistant manager Jon Aspiazu said the management team "prefer other options" in the Barca midfield.
Silva set for Lisbon loan, Milan want permanent switch
Silva has struggled to settle in Milan since signing from Porto in the summer of 2017, and he spent last season on loan at La Liga side Sevilla, where he scored nine goals in 27 appearances.
A loan offer is on the table from Sporting, but Milan are keen to recoup some of the €38 million they spent to sign Silva two years ago and fear that another loan will only see his value decrease.
Despite a move not being imminent at this stage, Silva's future looks increasingly uncertain at the San Siro, after the 23-year-old was left on the bench in his side's 1-0 defeat at Udinese on Sunday.
- Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama is due to arrive in Belgium on Monday to complete a move to Club Brugge, according to the Daily Mail. The Kenyan is set to sign a four-year contract at the Jupiler Pro League runners-up in a deal worth just shy of £14 million.
- Calciomercato claims Inter Milan full-back Dalbert has asked for 48 hours to mull over a move to Fiorentina, as part of a deal that would see Cristiano Biraghi head in the opposite direction in a player-exchange deal.
- AC Milan have apparently cooled their interest in Atletico Madrid forward Angel Correa, after sporting director Frederic Massara announced that his club's summer transfer business is complete. However, Calciomercato believes the 24-year-old's agent is in Milan to try to push through a move for his client.