The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too late to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Arsenal looking to loan out Ozil
Ozil, 30, was once considered to be one of the top players in the Premier League -- and arguably all of Europe. Over the course of the last few months, however, he has quickly become one of Arsenal's biggest scapegoats.
The belief is that the Gunners would have to subsidise his wages in order to force through a loan deal in the January transfer window, as Ozil continues to struggle to force his way into the first team at the Emirates.
With weekly wages of up to £350,000-per-week, Arsenal are willing to get a deal done so long as the ex-Real Madrid playmaker gets some playing time.
22.17 BST: We'll bring Monday's live edition of Transfer Talk to a close with some news from Barcelona. The Blaugrana are closely following the progress of Real Betis' Emerson, Dinamo Zagreb's Dani Olmo and Napoli's Fabian Ruiz as they begin to plan for next season, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.
20.30 BST: On a day when Manchester United have again been linked with James Maddison and Jadon Sancho, Gab Marcotti reveals whether either promising England star would be enough to turn around the Red Devils' misfortune.
18.43 BST: With Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen all out of contract in the summer, have Tottenham taken too big of a gamble on player contracts? Our Gab Marcotti weighs in.
16.56 BST: Tottenham defender Jan Vertongen has been speaking about his future. The 32-year-old is a free agent in summer 2020 and so far hasn't agreed a new contract. But there seems to be hope.
"I would prefer not to go too deep into that [contract talks], but there is always some movement," he told reporters ahead of the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich. "It is my eighth season here, I have had a great past and I am feeling great at the moment in every single way here, that is all I want to say about that.
"I am very aware of my age but my body is not because I am feeling good and I feel fairly young, it doesn't distract me, I want to play as many games as I can at the highest level."
16.10 BST: FIFA has ruled on the case of Emiliano Sala, who tragically died before he could complete his move from Nantes to Cardiff.
Nantes called on FIFA to intervene after Cardiff failed to make the first payment of the £15m transfer fee for Sala, who died in a plane crash on Jan. 21 while travelling from France to Wales.
Cardiff have now been told to pay the French club €6m.
15.27 BST: Sticking with PSG, Tuttosport reports that Juventus midfielder Emre Can will be sent to Paris in exchange for full-back Thomas Meunier in January.
Neither Can or Meunier seem very happy at their respective clubs and a move might be best for all concerned.
14.52 BST: Will Neymar ever be able to win back the PSG fans?
Would Sancho or Maddison solve Manchester United's problems?
Gab Marcotti and Alexis Nunes discuss possible targets who could help Manchester United get back towards the top 4 of the Premier League.
13.43 BST: Barcelona were keen on Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt before he eventually joined Juventus for €75m, but they also had plans to land Man United centre-back Victor Lindelof as a second choice.
"Lindelof was perhaps Man Utd's best player last season, and there was a lot of interest from clubs that are even better [than United] at the moment," Hasan Cetinkaya, the Sweden international's representative, told Aftonbladet.
"When Matthijs de Ligt chose Juventus, Victor was pronounced Barcelona's first choice. His way of playing, his DNA, is very close to Barcelona's way of playing. He is one of the world's best centre-backs with the ball at his feet, and Barcelona wanted him. That's how it was. I can talk about that now.
"They contacted Ed Woodward on numerous occasions with concrete offers. I had a meeting with their transfer manager, Matt Judge, to try to make a transition. But they just said: 'There is no chance. Victor is one of our best players'."
The newspaper claims United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is open to offloading the teenager in order to give him regular playing time this season.
Chong, 19, has started two matches for the United this season in the Europa League and Carabao Cup but has failed to impress with his displays.
The report claims that negotiations between club president Aurelio De Laurentiis and the player's agent have stalled.
The Belgium international has publicly expressed his desire to stay and it is reported he is pushing for a huge contract, but the Napoli president is reluctant to provide him with one.
"There's just no necessity," coach Niko Kovac told Die Welt newspaper. "I have absolute trust in Javi and Jerome. And I know what I have in them. Both did a really good job in pre-season and also when making appearances this term."
Both players are under contract until 2021. Boateng came close to joining Juve this summer, but a loan move collapsed during the final days of the transfer period. He has played in four of a possible nine matches for the Bavarians.
Martinez has been used as a substitute in three league matches as well as in the 3-0 win against Red Star in Champions League.
09.15 BST: There could be yet another Manchester United player on his way to the San Siro.
Matic has endured limited playing time under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season and he recently expressed his frustration regarding the situation.
The Serbia international won the Premier League title with Inter boss Antonio Conte during their time at Chelsea.
08.00 BST: The search for the next boss of the United States women's national team has hit a roadblock, with the United States Soccer Federation hampered in its attempts to interview Arsenal Women's head coach Joe Montemurro about the role, sources have told ESPN.
The USSF is currently in the midst of a search for a new head coach after Jill Ellis announced that she would be stepping down from the role following the conclusion of a series of "Victory Tour" matches being staged to celebrate the U.S. romping to their second-consecutive Women's World Cup in July.
Have Spurs taken a gamble with players' contracts?
ESPN's Alexis Nunes and Gabriele Marcotti discuss the contract issues Tottenham Hotspur currently face with some of their key players.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Man United still want Mandzukic
The veteran forward was said to be on the verge of moving to Old Trafford during the summer transfer window, but the two parties were unable to come to an agreement as United also tried to go ahead with a move for Paulo Dybala.
The report suggests that Juve would require a fee of around £9 million, and when it comes to Mandzukic himself, the Croatian would not be anticipating a drop in his current £4.5m yearly salary.
A potential deal for Mandzukic would come in the wake of recent injuries to Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford. Mandzukic was in recent talks with Qatari side Al-Rayyan but the two sides were unable to come to an agreement.
- Calciomercato reports that Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic is a target for Inter Milan. Manager Antonio Conte is familiar with Matic's work having trained him during their time at Chelsea. While Matic is slowly starting to work his way back into the starting XI at Old Trafford, Inter are certainly open to the possibility of making a move for the Serb.
- Former Chelsea star Oscar (Yes, that one!) could be set to make his return to European football, Calciomercato reports. The 28-year-old joined Shanghai SIPG back in 2017, but is now said to have regretted his decision to make the move over to China. The Brazilian was offered to Inter Milan back in the summer, but after the move failed to come to fruition, it could now be back on with Oscar's contract set to expire and him soon to be a free agent.