<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United to wait until summer for Spurs' Eriksen

January is just around the corner. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.

TOP STORY: Man United prepared to wait to land Eriksen on a free

Manchester United are set to make a move for Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen... but not until the summer, the Telegraph reports.

In what could be one of next summer's best deals, the paper claims that United are willing to move for the Danish playmaker once his Spurs contract expires at the end of the season, but have been put off a January move by his £40m pricetag.

The transfer would put an end to years of speculation surrounding Eriksen's future, as the 27-year-old has repeatedly refused to sign a new deal at Spurs. The former Ajax man has previously been linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Inter Milan but no club has yet come forward to snap him up.

LIVE BLOG

23.00 GMT: That will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and completed deals. Goodnight!

22.57 GMT: Carlo Ancelotti is 2-0 as Everton manager but don't expect the ambitious Italian to rest on his laurels on Merseyside.

With Ancelotti expected to be given funds to strengthen the side, expect him to use his connections to try and bring a few established players to Goodison Park.Le10Sport and Calcio Mercato both claim that Ancelotti is trying to lure a pair of his former Napoli charges, Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insigne, to Liverpool.

Mertens, 32, is the likelier of the attackers to join Everton, as the Belgian is out of contract at the end of the season and has already said he will leave the San Paolo. Insigne, 28, is a more interesting case, as the Neapolitan has spent his entire career with his hometown club but is said to want a new challenge. While Insigne's form has dipped this season it would seem unlikely that he would be willing to trade his hometown club for one without Champions League football and at the level of Everton.

22.19 GMT: Arsenal and Tottenham are two clubs that could use some help in defence.

The Express writes that the North London rivals are set to battle over £50 million rated RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano. The 21-year-old is coming up on 100 appearances for RB Leipzig and is one of the highest-rated young centre-backs in the world.

The France Under-21 international is a key cog in the Leipzig machine so it would seem unlikely the Bundesliga leaders would let him go in January, unless they secured a replacement.

21.39 GMT: West Ham's managerial search didn't last long nor did they need to do much research.

A day after sacking Manuel Pellegrini, the Hammers have re-unveiled former boss David Moyes as their new manager. Moyes, 56, last managed in 2018, with West Ham, helping keep a struggling Hammers side up, before leaving the club after not being offered a new contract.

Moyes has managed four clubs in the Premier League (Everton, Man United, Sunderland and West Ham) and has a career managerial record of 387 wins, 238 losses and 294 ties.

20.54 GMT: David Beckham's Inter Miami CF is slowly taking shape and Sunday the club added another piece to the puzzle.

The club announced the signing of MLS veteran and Panama international centre-back Roman Torres.

The 33-year-old MLS Cup winner, who made 83 career appearances for Seattle, was a part-time starter last season with Seattle and will be looked to for leadership and toughness with Miami.

20.06 GMT: Stuck in mid-table in League One, Sunderland could do with adding an attacker or two if they have designs on working their way up into the play-off places.

Reports in England suggest that the Black Cats are monitoring young Bristol City forward Antoine Semenyo. The 19-year-old scored six times on loan last season at Coventry and could be set for another loan move this January.

Sunderland manager admitted the club's interest saying: "He is a player we have looked at.

"He has pace and power, and he's someone we have been monitoring."

Stay tuned...

18.55 GMT: The Sun has reported that either Marcos Alonso or Emerson could leave Chelsea for Inter Milan in January.

The two left-backs played under Inter boss Antonio Conte when the Italian was in charge at Stamford Bridge, and each is seen as a potential replacement for the injury-prone Kwadwo Asamoah.

18.05 GMT: According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sent his assistant Mike Phelan to watch Birmingham City's Jude Bellingham in action today.

Sixteen-year-old Bellingham, who netted as his side lost a 5-4 thriller to Championship leaders Leeds, is reportedly also being monitored by German champions Bayern Munich.

17.10 GMT: After his team suffered a 2-1 defeat at home to Chelsea today, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta commented on the absence of midfielder Granit Xhaka, whose agent said this week the player has informed the club of his desire to join Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin.

"He played well at Bournemouth and after he started to feel ill, and the last two days he's been in bed," Arteta said of the former club captain.

"I hope he doesn't leave."

16.05 GMT: Spanish publication AS has reported that Real Madrid have told Zinedine Zidane to give up his pursuit of Paul Pogba.

Pogba, 26, emulated Zidane in winning the World Cup with France last summer, and has been the Madrid coach's main target over the past two seasons.

But key figures at Madrid apparently believe that signing the Manchester United midfielder would stunt the development of 21-year-old Federico Valverde, who is seen as an important player going forward.

15.15 GMT: According to Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano -- via the Daily Mail -- manager Pep Guardiola is in no rush to leave the club despite his side's downturn in form and rumours of a return to Barcelona.

Guardiola's City are third in the Premier League --14 points behind leaders Liverpool -- but Soriano has said the Spaniard will see out his contract at the very least, which would mean staying until the end of next season.

"Pep will stay. There is no discussion about this," Soriano is reported as having said.

14.35 GMT: Breaking news and it's surely one of the moves of the season... Borussia Dortmund have signed Erling Haaland.

The 19-year-old striker joins from Austrian team FC Salzburg on a deal that is set to keep him at the Bundesliga club until 2024.

Here we have all the details on why Manchester United were unable to secure Haaland's signature despite boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer -- who coached the player at Molde -- meeting him in Salzburg.

13.50 GMT: Lille striker Victor Osimhen could be heading to Anfield, if you believe the Sunday Express.

Osimhen, 20, signed from Wolfsburg this summer but is already attracting attention with 13 goals for the Ligue 1 side.

The Nigeria striker is valued around £40m but that will only rise if he keeps scoring and the paper says that Liverpool are looking to do a deal quickly.

12.41 GMT: Brighton need a long term replacement for Glenn Murray and CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov is apparently top of their list, says The Sun.

Chalov has also been linked to Man United, so it would be quite a coup if Graham Potter could land the Russian, while the club are also keep to lure Tottenham full-back Kyle Walker-Peters down south to help improve their defence.

12.19 GMT: Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish is on the radar of Man United, says the Daily Telegraph.

Grealish has been followed by Tottenham but United are reportedly "among the clubs looking at whether the 24-year-old would be on the market should Villa get relegated."

11.15 GMT: Time for Tottenham to think about a new defensive partnership?

10.39 GMT: Arsenal almost signed Thomas Lemar a few years ago but now they are keen to revisit a deal given he's flopping at Atletico Madrid.

The former Monaco forward has struggled since making a £63m move to Spain just 18 months ago, with the Gunners looking at a loan deal from January, according to AS.

Lyon are also hoping to tempt the France international back to his homeland after an injury to Memphis Depay left them short of options.

09.28 GMT: David Moyes is the frontrunner to take over at West Ham, says TalkSPORT, after Manuel Pellegrini's 18-month reign ended abruptly on Saturday as the Chilean was sacked.

Moyes steered the club to Premier League safety in 2017-18 before departing but the 56-year-old is evidently No. 1 choice to return.

09.00 GMT: World-class goalkeepers are hard to find, so it's no major surprise that Bayern Munich, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain are all looking at signing Germany stopper Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Barcelona.

Mundo Deportivo has reported that the 27-year-old is highly rated and will be on the agenda of all three clubs this summer, especially with Bayern's Manuel Neuer and Juve's Gianluigi Buffon nearing the end of their careers.

PAPER TALK (by Tom Fenton)

Everton to block £70m Richarlison move

Carlo Ancelotti has started life well in his new job at Everton and the Italian manager is keen to keep an important piece of his puzzle: forward Richarlison.

The Sun claims that Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer "has been considering a swoop for the 22-year-old for months" but, having signed him to a new five-year deal last month, Everton hold all the cards over the Brazilian's future.

Evidently even a bid of £70m won't be enough to land Richarlison, with Ancelotti instead turning his attention to improving his own side with the signing of Barcelona's £22m-rated defender Jean-Clair Todibo.

Giroud attracting attention

Juventus and Lyon could be the latest sides set to challenge Inter for Olivier Giroud's signature, according to Calciomercato.

The Italian publication claims that the powerful striker is Inter's No. 1 target in their search for a backup to Romelu Lukaku. However, Inter's Serie A rivals Juventus are now thought to be keen on signing Giroud, as are Lyon, who find themselves in the midst of an injury crisis.

MLS interest paves way for Pedro exit

Chelsea winger Pedro is set to leave Stamford Bridge for MLS, with Inter Miami and New York City FC both interested in the Spaniard, Goal reports.

The 32-year-old has found games hard to come by of late, with Chelsea bolstered by a number of options in wide areas -- including Callum Hudson-Odoi, Christian Pulisic and Willian. The West London side are also likely to strengthen that position in January, with their transfer ban now lifted.

Both factors could signal the end for Pedro at Chelsea, where he has been a key player since signing for the club in 2015. David Beckham's Inter Miami are thought to be one of the interested parties in the former Barcelona man, who could be signed on a free transfer next summer.

Tap-ins

- When it rains it pours, and things could be about to get even worse for AC Milan, with league rivals Napoli attempting to pip them to the post to the signing of Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka. Calciomercato reports that €25m could be enough to tempt the Spanish side into parting ways with their prized asset. While Milan remain determined to seal the transfer, the Italian site claims that Napoli are the frontrunners.

- The raiding of FC Salzburg's talent pool looks set to continue next month, with both the Daily Mail and Sky Sports claiming that Hwang Hee-Chan is at the top of Wolves' winter wishlist. German outlet Hamburger Morgenpost reported on Friday that a deal between Salzburg and Wolves for the striker was nearing completion. However, similar reports have since emerged in the English media, which instead state that Wolves remain merely interested as of now -- with talks yet to get under way.