Djibril Sidibe has signed with Monaco despite a reported late push from Arsenal for the full-back.
The 23-year-old signed a five-year deal with Monaco after completing a move from Lille on Friday.
Earlier in the day, L'Equipe reported that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had attempted to hijack Monaco's move for Sidibe with a €15 million counter-offer.
But Sidibe chose to commit his future to the principality club until 2021.
"I'm very proud to sign for AS Monaco, a historic club in the French league," Sidibe told Monaco's official website.
"I'm very happy to be here. I'm focused on the sporting side and AS Monaco is the club I was looking for, to take my career to the next level."
L'AS Monaco est heureux d'annoncer la signature de Djibril Sidibé ! #WelcomeToMonaco
- AS MONACO (@AS_Monaco) July 8, 2016
Sidibe began his career with Troyes before moving to Lille four years ago.
He has scored seven times in 96 Ligue 1 appearances, and his four goals last season were the most among French defenders in the top five European leagues.
"Like Benjamin Mendy, Djibril Sidibe is a talented defender who, despite his young age, has solid experience at professional level and in Ligue 1," Monaco CEO Vadim Vasilyev said.
"We are delighted to welcome Djibril to AS Monaco's sporting project, and his arrival reflects our commitment to strengthening the quality of our defence, and the squad as a whole."