Andy Delort is in Mexico preparing for a move to Tigres but Caen have warned that a final agreement over the striker's transfer has yet to be reached.
Delort, 24, was given permission to travel from France to Mexico on Monday in order to undergo a medical with the Liga MX side.
- CLUB TIGRES OFICIAL (@TigresOficial) August 30, 2016
The French sports daily says Tigres have so far offered €5m plus a further €2m in bonus payments but the Ligue 1 side are said to want €6m up front.
"The discussions restarted two or three days ago," Caen general manager Xavier Gravelaine told L'Equipe.
"There are still details to be settled. If all the conditions are met and secured, he will leave. If not, he will come back. For the moment, he's not yet sold."
Tigres already have one French striker on their books in Andre-Pierre Gignac. In July it was revealed that they had made a first approach for Delort, who scored 12 goals in Ligue 1 last season.