Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has said he wants to stay at the club despite the persistent rumours linking him with a move away from the La Liga leaders.
Diario Sport reported on Tuesday that Chelsea, as well as Arsenal and Manchester United, are interested in signing him from Barca at the end of the season. Rakitic, 30, is out of contract in 2021 and the club have no immediate plans to extend his terms but the Croatian remains hopeful of penning a new deal.
"I want to be at Barcelona and, if I can renew my contract, I want to be here for many more years," Rakitic said at Mundo Deportivo's annual gala on Monday.
"I am really happy here, everyone knows that, above all the president [Josep Maria Bartomeu]. I don't have anything else to say [about my future]."
The signing of Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong for an initial €75 million, announced last week, is set to ramp up the competition for a place in Barca's side next season. De Jong's arrival is also expected to trigger a number of summer sales -- mainly of fringe players -- as Barcelona look to balance the books.
"That's a good question for the manager or for the president," Rakitic added when asked if he could be one of the players sacrificed to make room for the Dutch international.
"Those that know me know that I am just focused on playing. I'm 30 and I am in the best form of my career. I want to enjoy football and I want to enjoy Barca. I want to be here for many more years and, above all, I want to have a great season and win a lot of trophies."
Paris Saint-Germain offered €90m for Rakitic -- his release clause is €125m -- last summer but Barca coach Ernesto Valverde convinced him to remain at Camp Nou. The Ligue 1 also completed the signing of midfielder Leandro Paredes from Zenit St Petersburg on a four-and-a-half year deal on Tuesday.
Rakitic has been a key part of Valverde's side this season. Along with Sergio Busquets, he has made 30 appearances in all competitions so far this campaign -- more than any other Barca player.