The coronavirus pandemic has made the transfer market uncertain -- and you can find out when the windows open and close here -- but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
Atletico Madrid to battle Juventus for Suarez
Luis Suarez appears to have no future at beleaguered Barcelona, and the clubs are now starting to line-up to fight for his signature.
The Italian champions may have a stranglehold on Serie A right now but it's clear to see that they're going to face some serious challenges in the upcoming season, and if they want to claim that elusive Champions League crown, they'll need to strengthen.
The 33-year-old seems to be destined to leave the Nou Camp this summer, surplus to requirements and in the final year of his contract
23.00 BST:That will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and completed deals. Goodnight!
22.32 BST: Man United are in pole position to sign Ajax attacker Donny van de Beek, sources tell ESPN.
The 23-year-old, who was held out of Ajax's friendly vs. Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday, looks to be nearing a move away from the Dutch club, according to Ajax manager Erik ten Hag.
Ten Hag said holding out Van de Beek was related to 'new developments' regarding the player's future, with Barcelona and Man United linked with the attacker. The 23-year-old has tallied 27 goals and 24 assists over the last two seasons, and was a key cog to the Ajax team that was minutes away from reaching the Champions League final 2018-19.
Man United also have an in with Ajax, as former goalkeeper -- and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer teammate -- Edwin van der Sar is the current sporting director at the club.
21.44 BST: Chelsea have made an improved €20 million bid for Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, Goal has learned.
With record signing Kepa Arrizabalaga's future in doubt, Chelsea are looking to bring in another goalkeeper this summer. The Sun reported that Rennes rejected a €17m bid from Chelsea for Mendy earlier this week but now Frank Lampard's club have returned with an improved offer.
Rennes are desperate to hold onto Mendy, 28, after the Senegalese shot stopper guided the French club to its first ever Champions League berth.
21.03 BST: Bad news for Barcelona fans...
Amid reports Lionel Messi wants to leave the Camp Nou, the Argentine has now informed Barcelona that he will not be reporting for Barcelona's COVID testing on Sunday or training on Monday, sources tell ESPN, due to fears showing up for training would negatively impact his legal claim that he has already unilaterally ended his contractual relationship with Barca.
Messi, who has heavily been linked with a move to Man City, has told the club he wants to go but Barcelona insist he has one more year remaining on his contract and that any interested club would need to meet his €700 million release clause.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is reportedly willing to resign his position in order to keep Messi at the Camp Nou.
20.19 BST: An update on Ajax attacker Donny van de Beek.
The Barcelona and Man United-linked man was held out of Ajax's friendly on Saturday against Eintracht Frankfurt, with rumours of a development regarding his future.
Ajax manager Erik ten Hag told Ziggo Sport when asked for a transfer update on the 23-year-old that "there have been some developments that made us decide us to keep him out of today's squad.
"We will see what happens. We'll make an announcement as soon as there's some clarity."
Donny Van de Beek onderweg naar Manchester of Barcelona? 😱— Ziggo Sport Voetbal (@ZS_Voetbal) August 29, 2020
Ten Hag over het ontbreken van Van de Beek bij Ajax:
💬 'Er zijn inderdaad ontwikkelingen waardoor we hem uit de selectie houden'#ZiggoSport #AJAFRA #Ajax pic.twitter.com/f1FUQIP6Nx
19.31 BST: Is James Rodriguez set for another reunion with Carlo Ancelotti?
British outlet talkSport claims that the Colombian is set to travel to England and undergo a medical this week ahead of a move to Everton. The 29-year-old, who previously played under Ancelotti with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, has reportedly agreed to personal terms with the Toffees.
While at Napoli, Ancelotti had the following to say about the former World Cup Golden Boot winner:
"I'm very attached to James, I rate him very highly and he can certainly improve our team.
"He doesn't need to re-announce himself, he's a great player.
"But he's not the only player we're openly negotiating for. We're assessing many players."
18.49 BST: Torino are hoping to agree a deal for Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet. Tuttosport reports that the club have offered Lyanco in return, as well as a transfer fee, but the Foxes would rather take Nicolas Nkoulou.
18.02 BST: Rob Holding only made eight Premier League appearances for Arsenal last season, and it looks like he could be heading out on loan for the new campaign. The Athletic reports that the defender is set to head north and spend the season at Newcastle United.
17.13 BST: More Arsenal news now, with the Gunners reportedly ready to snap up Brentford goalkeeper David Raya. Current No. 2 Emiliano Martinez was excellent when Bernd Leno was injured towards the end of last season, and he now wants regular first-team football.
Martinez is being strongly linked with a move to Aston Villa, with Pepe Reina's loan having ended. If Martinez does move to the Midlands, then Arsenal will step up their interest in Raya, reports the Daily Mirror.
16.22 BST: Bild is reporting that Leeds United have agreed terms with SC Freiburg defender Robin Koch, who the papers says will become one of the highest-paid German defenders in the game. He flew into Yorkshire on Saturday for his medical and to discuss a deal which will tie him to Leeds until the summer of 2024.
Leeds are set to pay around €14.5m to land the 24-year-old former Kaiserslautern player. Koch has two full caps for Germany and was part of the squad which finished runners-up in last year's European Under-21 Championship, losing in the final to Spain.
15.45 BST: With Gonzalo Higuain set to leave Juventus ahead of the new season, the club need to bolster their attacking resources. In addition to the Luis Suarez link, La Repubblica says that AS Roma striker Edin Dzeko is at the top of new boss Andrea Pirlo's wish list and a €12m deal -- €10m plus €2m in bonuses -- is almost done.
La Repubblica also claims that Juve will try to re-sign Moise Kean from Everton just 12 months after selling him to the Premier League club for €27.5m. A two-year loan with obligation to buy at the end of the period is suggested, but Gazzetta dello Sport reckons there could be a permanent move this summer which will see former Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey swap clubs with Kean.
15.08 BST: Atletico Madrid want to secure the return of Yannick Carrasco on a permanent basis before La Liga resumes in two weeks' time (about time we got those fixtures...). Atleti sold Carrasco to Dalian Yifang of the Chinese Super League in February 2018, but he headed back to Madrid on loan in January for the remainder of this season.
14.32 BST: Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira has moved to Huddersfield Town on loan. The 24-year-old has made one Premier League appearance for the Red Devils, back in 2016-17. Most of his first-team experience has come in loans with Rochdale, Belenenses, Vitoria de Setubal, Kortrijk and Hearts.
Now he moves to the Championship with the Terriers.
Burley: 'No inherent risk' for Chelsea signing Thiago Silva
ESPN FC's Craig Burley only sees positives with Chelsea signing defender Thiago Silva.
13.19 BST: Manchester City are confident Lionel Messi would snub any other team's effort to sign him if Barcelona soften their stance and decide to negotiate the sale of the six-time Ballon d'Or winner, sources told ESPN on Friday.
12.40 BST: Much was expected from Lucas Torreira by Arsenal fans, but it's fair to say that his career at the Emirates has failed to really take off. The 24-year-old former Sampdoria player is being linked with a move back to Italy, with Fiorentina said to be closing in on a move.
Torreira's agent, Pablo Bentancur, has told CalcioMercato that the player's future is up in the air but he is a man in demand.
"There are many requests, but still nothing official," Bentancur said. "I have received many enquiries but we have had no offers. He is training with Arsenal, and he is still their player."
12.06 BST: There's been plenty of speculation about Chelsea's interest in Declan Rice this summer, and the Sun reports that Frank Lampard is ready to make his move. The West Ham United midfielder is valued at around £80m, which would push Chelsea's spending above £250m this summer.
11.29 BST: Manchester United are ready to make a move for two starlets from Real Madrid and Barcelona. Sky Sports reports that Marc Jurado, 16, and Alvaro Fernandez, 17 -- from Barca and Madrid respectively -- have agreed terms and will sign for the Red Devils early next month. Both turned down professional terms at their La Liga clubs.
Jurado posted on Instagram this week "Hi, Manchester! I'm so excited to start!"
Enjoy these moves, though, because when the UK completely leaves the EU at the end of the year English clubs will not be able to sign players aged under 18 from European clubs by FIFA regulations.
09.30 BST: Reports suggest that Matt Doherty will have a medical later today ahead of completing a £15m move from Wolverhampton Wanderers to Tottenham Hotspur. A big loss for Wolves, and a real conundrum for fantasy managers!
AC Milan close in on Diaz
The process of getting this deal over the finish line has been ongoing for quite some time now, and it appears as if they're starting to settle on the finer details. Milan will initially take him on loan with an option to buy, and if they go through with it, there will also be a buy back option in place for Madrid.
All they're waiting on now is for the player to agree personal terms.
- Chelsea have focused their attention on trying to sign AC Milan youngster Gianluigi Donnarumma, Football Insider reports. After struggling to lock down the signing of Edouard Mendy, the Blues have changed targets, although it could cost them around £50m as they continue the search for a replacement for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
- Sky Sports is reporting that Aston Villa's £10m bid for Nottingham Forest star Matty Cash has been rejected. Dean Smith has clearly recognised that additions need to be made to the squad after a close call with relegation last season, but with Sheffield United, AC Milan, West Ham and Southampton all being in the mix, Forest appear to be keeping their options open.
- The BBC is reporting that Bologna's bid to try and sign Hearts wonderkid Aaron Hickey has failed. The 18-year-old visited both Bologna and Bayern Munich in an attempt to come to decide his future, but it doesn't seem as if the real deal has presented itself as of yet.