2020 ScheduleAll times ET

2020 Schedule
1-0, 1st in AFC South
Can Minshew stay hot vs. Titans in Week 2? (1:10)
9h

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Jaguars say DE Josh Allen (calf) and TE Tyler Davis (knee) not expected to practice Wednesday because of injuries. Coach Doug Marrone said the team is being cautious with Allen, who left Sunday's game with cramps, and he expects him back Thursday. TE Tyler Eifert, C Brandon Linder and CB D.J. Hayden are being given a scheduled day off today.

4d

Spain and Fitz Hour 1: Recapping a wild NFL Week 1

A WILD Week One in the NFL--We do the Monday Walk Of Shame & honor the weekend’s studs, plus we overreact with Good Take or Hot Take. The author of a new Patriots book spills on Bill & Brady and the Pre-Party is as weird as ever, talking zombie-filled yards, upside-down pee-pees, The Princess Bride & Fitz’s expletive-filled rants.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jaguars placed FS Jarrod Wilson (hamstring) on IR and promoted CB Sidney Jones from the practice squad on Monday. The team also signed CB Josh Nurse and RB Craig Reynolds to the practice squad and released CB Amari Henderson from the practice squad. Wilson has started every game since the 2019 season opener. SS Josh Jones suffered a leg contusion against Indianapolis and his status for this week is unkown.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Gardner Minshew completed 19-of-20 passes today (a completion percentage of 95) and he now has the two highest completion percentage marks in season-openers in NFL history (min. 20 attempts). He was 22 for 25 last year (88 percent). Per ESPN Stats & Info

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jaguars have 16 rookies on the roster and they've gotten significant contributions from three of them in the first half against the Colts, who lead 17-14 at TIAA Bank Field. UDFA RB James Robinson is averaging 6.1 yards per carry (61 yards, 10 carries) and WR Laviska Shenault has a team-high 37 yards receiving to go along with his touchdown catch. And the first TD was set up by CB C.J. Henderson's interception return.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Nicely designed play there by OC Jay Gruden. Gardner Minshew faked the WR screen to Laviska Shenault, which created some space for DJ Chark. Relatively easy throw to make. All set up by C.J. Henderson's first interception.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

James Robinson started for the Jaguars against the Colts today, making him the first undrafted rookie running back to start a season opener since 1990 (per Elias). Bruce Perkins started for Tampa Bay and Derek Loville started for Seattle that year.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jaguars are remaining in the locker room for "Lift Every Voice and Sing" and the national anthem. Here is their statement:

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

The Man of Teal and Woman of Teal welcome you to Week 1 of the 2020 NFL season.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Westbrook had battled a shoulder injury in camp but was not on the game report, so he's a healthy scratch. Rookie WRs Laviska Shenault and Collin Johnson are both active. Both had good camps and Johnson really stood out in the team's scrimmage. This means Westbrook, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, is sixth on the depth chart.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Jaguars inactives vs. Colts: WR Dede Westbrook, QB Jake Luton, CB Luq Barcoo, DE/LB Cassius Marsh, DT Doug Costin, TE Tyler Davis, RB Dare Ogunbowale.

Photo by: Diamond Images/Getty Images
6dAdam Schefter

Comforts of home: TV crowd noise team-specific

NFL Films has been collecting multichannel surround audio recordings from every NFL stadium for the past four years, and those sounds will be used Sunday on game broadcasts.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

There are approximately 1,500 hand sanitizer dispensers scattered throughout TIAA Bank Field. Or .... you could do your entire body at once.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

There's an 80 percent chance of rain this morning in Jacksonville for Jaguars-Colts. It is supposed to taper off before kickoff and stay under 20 percent throughout the game. The Jaguars are the only team that will have fans in attendance today with a capacity just under 17,000 allowed in TIAA Bank Field.

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jaguars have elevated RB Nathan Cottrell and TE Ben Ellefson from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday's game. TE Tyler Davis (knee) is out and the team also is without RBs Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead. Ozigbo was placed on IR with a hamstring injury and Armstead is on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Clark, Kimes expect Colts to handle Jags (0:42)
7d

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 

Only Jaguars player that did not practice Thursday because of injury is TE Tyler Davis (knee).

Roy K. Miller/Icon Sportswire
9dMichael DiRocco

Jags, banged up at RB, add ex-Buc Ogunbowale

Running back Dare Ogunbowale signed with the Jaguars on Thursday as they try to overcome several injuries in their backfield ahead of Sunday's opener against the Colts.

10d

HQ: How Bucks Will Move Forward

Dan, Sarah Spain and Bomani Jones discuss the latest between Giannis and the Bucks, the arrival of "Playoff Rondo," and if past Jaguars quarterbacks should be offended by recent comments from Leonard Fournette.

Team Stats

Passing Yards150.031st
Rushing Yards91.022nd
Points For27.0Tied-9th
Points Against20.0Tied-20th

Find Tickets